For many male and female motorcycle riders, they always dream of riding their motorcycles with a passionate biker girl or guy across America one day. There are some romantic things about two-wheels traveling in the US, maybe it is because this activity is full of challenges. When you plan for such a special trip, you should consider too much, for example, what you should bring, how long you should take, where to go and ride alone or ride with a partner, and so on. Now, here are several tips helping you perfectly riding a motorcycle across America.
1. When riding on the road, you should concentrate and not allow yourself to be distracted. Admit it or not, riding motorcycles are fun, but also dangerous.
2. You should have a strong will, because the US is bigger than you think.
3. Take at least one day to rest every week to keep the strength and energy.
4. Know something about maintaining motorcycles in case encountering emergency situations on the road.
5. Wear riding gears, like helmet, wristers, boots and leather clothes.
6. First aid box is essential.
7. Bring a map, but the prerequisite is that you can read it. If you can’t, GPS also can be helpful.
8. If you ride in summer, wear a cooling west and wear an open face helmet.
9. Wear earplugs to reduce the wind noise.
10. Bring a camera that has enough storage space to take plenty of photos and videos so that you can record the charming sceneries along the road.
11. Start early and end early, and be sure you have enough water to drink while riding on the road, as well as have a rest in the interesting places.
12. You can bring a smart phone for yourself to use the social media to contact with your friends and families, such as Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.
13. Riding across America is a long motorcycling journey. If you are a younger motorcycle rider and want to save some money, you can try to camp in the wild at night.
14. Don’t drink wine before riding.
15. Bring a book about motorcycle traveling which is a great idea for a long trip, especially when you are riding alone.
16. Don’t ride too fast, 40—60 kmh is the best.
17. Manage meal time, breakfast at 7:00, lunch at 12:00—13:00, and dinner at 17:00—18:00.
18. Check your motorcycle regularly.
19. Keep a safe distance with the trucks, if you treasure your life.
20. Never overtake on a curve, and don’t ride on the passing lane always.
Whether these tips can give you some help or not? If yes, hope you have a wonderful long distance motorcycle traveling in the near future. Thanks for your reading. Best wishes for you!